The Eastern Slovak Gallery

The Eastern Slovak Gallery is the oldest regional gallery in Slovakia, founded in 1951 by the Decree of the Education, Science and Arts Commission in Bratislava. ESG is a cultural institution focusing on the collection of artworks in the East Slovakian region. Currently, it owns more than 7,000 works of art from the 19th, 20th and 21st century. It annually organizes about 40 exhibitions in its own premises or in other Slovak and foreign galleries. Since 1992, the Gallery has been the seat of the County Courthouse. Another building is located in the city centre, near the Cathedral of St Elisabeth on Al┼żbeta’s Street 22.

 

Contacts

The Eastern Slovak Gallery
Hlavná 27
040 01 Košice
Slovak Republic

tel: +421 55 681 75 11
www.vsg.sk